Nylon is a material we often see in daily life, and it is often encountered. What are the advantages and disadvantages of nylon material? Next, the China Twisted Fishing Net Supplier will give you a brief introduction.
Disadvantages of nylon: 1. Easy to absorb water. The water absorption is large, and the saturated water can reach more than 3%. The degree of stability and electrical properties are affected to a certain extent, especially the thickening of the thin-walled parts is large; the water absorption also greatly reduces the mechanical strength of the plastic.
2. Light resistance is poor. In the long-term high temperature environment, it will oxidize with oxygen in the air. At the beginning, the color will be brown, and the surface will be broken and cracked.
3. Injection molding technology is more stringent.
4. It will absorb water and alcohol and swell. It is not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can not be used as acid-resistant materials.
Advantages of Nylon Monofilament Net: 1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the compressive strength is comparable to that of metal, but its rigidity is not as good as that of metal.
2. The fatigue resistance is outstanding, and the original mechanical strength can still be maintained after repeated bending of the workpiece.
3. High softening point and heat resistance.
4. The surface is smooth, the friction coefficient is small, and it is wear-resistant. It is self-lubricating when it is used as a moving mechanical component, and the noise is low. When the friction is not too high, it can be used without a lubricant.
5. Corrosion-resistant, very resistant to alkali and most salt liquids, also resistant to weak acids, engine oils, gasoline, aromatic hydrocarbon-resistant compounds and general solvents, inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants.
6. It has self-extinguishing property, non-toxic, odorless, good weather resistance, inert to biological erosion, and has good antibacterial and anti-mildew ability.
7. The parts are light in weight, easy to dye and easy to form.