Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-06-24 Origin:Site
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has stated officially on May 9 that US will raise tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese imports from 10 percent to 25 percent from May 10, 2019.
In response, China has decided to increase tariffs on the bulk of $60 billion of US imports to three categories of rates between 10 percent and 25 percent. For the rest of the US imports, the duty rate remains at 5 percent, according to a statement released by the Customs Tariff Commission of the State Council.
Below table shows nylon-related products included in the revised tariff list.
Import volume from the U.S. in 2018 (mt)
Proportion of import from the U.S.
Adipic acid, its salts&esters
Slices/chips of polyamide-6
Monofilament&rods&sticks&profile shapes, of polyamides
High tenacity yarn of nylon-6
High tenacity yarn of nylon-6,6
Elastic filament of nylon-6, psy,≤50tex, not for retail sale
Elastic filament of nylon-6,6,psy,≤50tex, not for retail sale
Elastic filament of other polyamides,≤5tex, not for retail sale
Other textured yarn of polyamides,≤5tex, not for retail sale
Elastic filament of other polyamides,＞50tex, not for retail sale
Single yarn of nylon-6, with≤50turns/m, not for retail sale
Single yarn of nylon-6, with＞50turns/m, not for retail sale
Multiple or cabled nylon 6 spun yarn, not for retail
Multiple or cabled yarn of nylon-6,6, not for retail sale
Multiple or cabled yarn of other polyamides, not for retail sale sale
Woven fabrics of high tenacity yarn of nylon or other polyamides
Unbleached or bleached woven fabrics, nylon etc.≥85%
273 ('000 m)
Dyed woven fabrics of synthetic filament yarn, nylon etc.≥85%
245 ('000 m)
Coloured woven fabrics of synthetic filament yarn, nylon etc.≥85%
12 ('000 m)
Printed woven fabrics of synthetic filament yarn, nylon etc.≥85%
24 ('000 m)
Synthetic filament tow of nylon or other polyamides
Synthetic staple fibers of nylon or other polyamides, carded
Multiple or cabled yarn,staple fibres of nylon/other polyamides≥85%
Tyre cord fabric of high tenacity yarn of polyamide-6(nylon-6)
Tyre cord fabric of high tenacity yarn of polyamide-6,6(nylon-6,6)
Other tyre cord fabric of high tenacity yarn of nylon or other polyamides
Other primary polyamide -6, -11, -12, -6,6, -6,9, -6,10 or -6,12
Plates/sheets/flm/foil/strip of polyamides, non-cellular
Polyamide-11,-12,-6,9,-6,10 or -6,12,slices/chips
Elastic filament of nylon-6, psy,＞50tex, not for retail sale
Elastic filament of nylon-6,6,psy,＞50tex, not for retail sale
Other textured yarn of polyamides,＞50tex, not for retail sale
Single yarn of nylon-6,6, with≤50turns/m, not for retail sale
Other yarn of nylon/polyamides,single,untwist/twist≤50turns/m,not retail
Staple fibres, of nylon or other polyamides not carded, etc
Single yarn, staple fibres of nylon/other polyamides≥85%
Tufted floor coverings of nylon or other polyamides
Adiponitrile and other nitrile compounds
(1) The nylon products involved cover a wide range, including PA6, textile filament, twisted yarn, industrial yarn, cord fabric, film, staple fiber and other main and niche products.
(2) Most of the nylon-related products imported from the United States accounted for less than 3% of the total imports, and a small part takes around 20-30%, but of import volumes merely tens of or hundreds of tons. The demand is minimal compared to the Chinese market.
(3) Nylon staple fiber imports from the United States account for nearly 50% of the total NSF imports of China, but imports accounted for only 1-2% of the domestic staple fiber market consumption, so the impact is not obvious.
(4) The import volume of nylon carpet from the U.S. is around 0.5 million tons, accounting for nearly 43% of the total import volume of nylon carpets. However, similar with staple fiber, imports only takes a small fraction in overall China market and the influence is trivial as well.
(5) The amount of adiponitrile imported from the U.S. is nearly 230,000 tons, accounting for 78.9% of the total import of adiponitrile. But part of the imports are from processing imports, which are not affected by the tariff adjustment. And cost for imports from ordinary imports are normally shared by both sell and buy sides. Since the fourth quarter of 2018, both adiponitrile and PA66 prices have been falling continuously, and the decline has significantly exceeded the 5% tariff adjustment. Therefore, the impact of taxation on this part is not obvious.
Given all the facts stated above, the tariff adjustment on nylon-related production from the U.S. shall not be impacting import of Chinese enterprises significantly.
HAITIAN NET & TWINE MANUFACTURERS
HUALING INDUSTRIAL FIELD, HANTING TOWN, CHENGXIANG DISTRICT,PUTIAN, FUJIAN, CHINA, 3511000